21 passengers are still missing, seven buses recovered –Official

the Nigerian Railways Corporation (NRC) has confirmed the safety of 170 passengers aboard the Abuja-Kaduna train attacked by terrorists last Monday, while another 21 are still missing. NRC Managing Director Fidet Okhiria said this in a statement on Sunday in Lagos while providing an update on the incident, which occurred on March 28, in the Kateri-Rijana area of ​​Kaduna state. He said that seven coaches have been recovered while the Corporation has intensified efforts to restore services. Okhiria said that the Corporation, in collaboration with security agencies, would leave no stone unturned in its efforts to rescue the missing persons. “Since the last release, we confirm that four cars (SP 00004, SP00009, SP00012 and SP00013) of the 11 cars involved in the incident have been safely re-railed and moved to Rigasa station while track repairs are being worked on. . “We also declare that 170 of the passengers on board the train are safe, while another 21 passengers are missing. “At the end of the job on Saturday night (02/04/2022), the NRC restoration team put four more cars back on track and two of the cars (SP 00007 and SP 00013) were safely moved to the Idu and Rigasa stations respectively. “The other two cars are still on site due to damaged tracks. This brings the total number of cars rerailed so far to 7, but only 5 were successfully moved to the stations. “However, efforts are underway to unite the track, at the moment, a total of 80 meters of the affected section has been repaired, including the replacement of affected sleepers and crooked rails,” Okhiria said. He said that the Corporation feels deep condolences for those who lost their loved ones and prays for the repose of their souls. He said that management equally sympathizes with the injured passengers and, indeed, with all those who were aboard the AK9 train on Monday the 28th, for the trauma caused by this unfortunate incident. Mr. Okhiria expressed his sincere thanks to the security agencies, the Nigerian Army, the Nigerian Air Force, the Police and the NSCDC, among others, for their support and cooperation. He thanked the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Baba Alkali, for the support and the visit to the accident site, adding that the visit raised their morale. The NRC chief assured the Corporation’s readiness to update Nigerians on the development to avoid misleading information and falsehood. (YAYA) Read More Related News Here Let here it in the comment below if you do have an opinion on this; 21 passengers are still missing, seven buses recovered –Official