Candidate for governor of the APC of Lagos seeks the cancellation of primaries

Abdul-Ahmed Mustapha, the All Progressives Congress (APC) gubernatorial hopeful in Lagos state’s May 26 gubernatorial primary, has appealed to the party’s National Labor Committee (NWC) to annul the election. He made the call after his alleged exclusion from the gubernatorial primary election. Mustapha, former permanent secretary of the state Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, in a statement on Sunday in Lagos, described his disqualification and exclusion from the elections as illegal. “I strongly request that the exercise be annulled and a new primary be held in a free, fair and transparent manner in the State. The All Progressives Congress (APC) is a beacon of truth and hope for us and future generations. “The people of Lagos should not perceive such a high level of impunity as a modus operandi in Party operations. The All Progressives Congress (APC) must take appropriate steps to protect the image of the Party,” he said. Mr. Mustapha explained that on May 10 he purchased the Expression of Interest and Nomination forms to contest for the post of Governor of Lagos State, which were completed and submitted on May 11 by the deadline. According to him, on May 14 at Fraser Suites, Abuja, he was also screened by the party. Mustapha added that he had no doubt that he met all the selection criteria contained in the party guidelines, the party constitution, the Electoral Act and the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He said that the evaluation report should have been published no later than May 15 and that he protested through a letter dated May 24 against the non-publication of the evaluation report. “The information should have been before the congress of governors on May 26. I had the impression that everything was fine and I continued with my consultations from neighborhood to neighborhood in the State. “My profile during the consultation increased exponentially among the delegates, the party faithful and the good people of Lagos state in general. I made several efforts to obtain the details of the process in the National and State Party headquarters, but all the actions were met with brick walls, ”he said. Mr. Mustapha said he also sent a letter to the APC state president’s office and also to the national president’s office on May 25 requesting the gubernatorial candidate’s tag, delegate list, gubernatorial candidate list of Lagos State licensed to compete, election guidelines and agent tags for all wards. “None of the requested details or listed materials were made available to me. “I now believed that the silence and exclusion were deliberate and calculated to technically exclude me from the race and trample on my rights with impunity. “Arriving at Mobolaji Johnson Arena, through speculation on May 26, I was turned away at the gate of Onikan Stadium despite presenting myself as a gubernatorial contender to the security men on duty. “Efforts to contact state and national officials were unsuccessful until I finally reached Dr. Mohammed Bashir, (Secretary of the Lakes Committee). “He (Bashir) claimed that he was not authorized to participate in the elections. This information was new to me because I was hearing it for the first time,” Mustapha said. ALSO READ: UPDATED: Sanwo-Olu wins Lagos APC guber ticket He said the impression given before the primary was that there were three gubernatorial hopefuls vying for the party’s gubernatorial nomination in the state. “I have filed an appeal despite the difficulties encountered throughout the process. “I believe that I, along with the other candidate, were deliberately excluded to allow the party chief candidate to emerge despite being a sitting governor. “The process and the actions taken by national and state officials violated all relevant laws in the country. “They constituted a gross abuse of power and a violation of the trust of members of our great party, which had been placed in party officials at the state and national levels,” he added. NAN recalled that Adamu Yuguda, chairman of the five-person electoral committee that conducted the primary elections for the Lagos governorship, had told reporters at the election site on Thursday that only one challenger, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Oluwas cleared for the primaries. Mr. Yuguda said this while reacting to allegations that the other two challengers in the race, Mr. Mustapha and a former commissioner, Wale Oluwo, were prevented from attending the primary election. NAN reports that Mr. Sanwo-Olu was declared the winner of the primary elections. (YAYA) SEE: Governor Yahaya Bello’s roadmap to Hope 2023 Read More Related News Here Let here it in the comment below if you do have an opinion on this; Candidate for governor of the APC of Lagos seeks the cancellation of primaries